Saturday, November 26, 2005

Hello!

I'm Thea. I have been a big fan of asian textiles my entire life. My dad was in the United States Navy and travelled over to Asia quite a bit when I was young and before I was born. He actually met my mother in the Philippines. She brought over many of her country's traditional fabrics & and sewing techniques. As far back as I can remember my family in the Philippines & Japan would sent beautiful fabrics to us. And also my mom "trained" my dad to keep his eyes peeled for good fabrics when he travelled abroad.

This blog is to share my admiration for traditional Japanese, Filipino, Korean, Chinese & other asian textile designs. Also I have read MANY books on the topic and I intend to share ISBN numbers and mini reviews on them to help you learn more about them too!

*^_^* Thea Starr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home